The Publisher is the current Titular Roman Catholic Archbishop of Singapore as gazetted by law. The Manager of The Catholic News acts on his behalf.
All advertisers are deemed to have understood and are bound to abide with the following expressed terms and conditions set forth below.
- Any order for advertisement is subject to cancellation or rejection at the discretion of the Publisher at any time without the need to give any reason.
- In the event of any such cancellation or rejection by the Publisher, any money paid will be returned to the Advertiser.
- The Publisher gives no undertaking that any advertisement order will be published on any specified date.
- The Publisher hereby reserves the right to change the dates of publication if the need arises and will not be liable for any loss arising from such non-adherence of insertion dates as specified by the Advertiser.
- The Publisher has absolute right to omit, suspend, or change the size and/or the position of any advertisement order accepted for insertion.
- The Publisher has the absolute right to make any alterations considered necessary or desirable in any advertisement order, or to require any artwork or copy to be amended.
- The Publisher will not be responsible for any error or omission in the insertion of any advertisement/in-memoriam order, or loss of floppy diskette or other material supplied for the purpose of an advertisement order.
- Layout, designs, artwork, drawings, or any other material for the purpose of an advertisement must be received by the Publisher twenty-one (21) days before the date of publication.
- The advertiser submitting the advertisement order shall indemnify the Publisher in respect of costs, damages or other charges incurred as a result of legal actions or threatened legal actions arising from the publication of the advertisement in accordance with the copy instructions supplied to the Publisher by the Advertiser.
- The Publisher reserves the right to insert the word “Advertisement” at the top or bottom of advertisements that simulate the editorial format.
- It is understood that an advertisement order placed by the Advertiser for advertisement constitutes a warranty to the Publisher that all necessary authorization and/or permission in respect for the use of the advertisement or advertisements of pictorial representatives of (or purporting to be of) living persons, and of references to and words attributed to living persons have been duly secured.
- For advertisements which require the issuance of a permit or license by legislation or prevailing Acts, the Publisher reserves the right to withhold publication of such advertisements until the Advertiser is able to furnish the Publisher with certified true copy of the permit or license issued by the relevant authorities.
- While every endeavor will be made to meet the wishes of Advertiser, it is a condition of acceptance of an advertisement order that the Publisher does not guarantee the insertion of any particular advertisement.
- The placement of an advertisement order for insertion shall amount to an acceptance of the above mentioned conditions and any conditions stipulated in an Advertiser’s order form by an Advertiser shall be void insofar as these are in conflict.